Stream Videos from Android to a TV using MX Player for Chromecast: You are an MX Player user, aren’t you? Televisions have come a long way that you can even connect to the internet and watch online videos. Moreover, you can stream videos from your Android device to the TV as well.
Today, I am going to walk you through the process of streaming videos from Android to a TV using MX Player. The best thing about this is you can stream both online and offline content. Officially, Chromecast doesn’t support MX Player for screencasting. But you can stream MX Player videos via a third-party app. Follow the steps given below to stream videos from MX Player to your TV. Make sure you have Chromecast.
Requirements: Chromecast, Localcast app, MX Player, Android Phone and TV. (You can Download MX Player Codec from here if you need). RECOMMENDED READ: Download MX Player For PC Windows 10/7/8 and How to Install MX Player for Firestick.
How to Stream Videos from Android to a TV using MX Player
- Step 1: Insert your Chromecast device into the HDMI port of your TV. (In case your TV lacks an HDMI port, you can’t stream videos). You should also plug in the power cable as well.
- Step 2: Install and open the Localcast app on your phone. The one I mention here is the free version. You can go for the premium variant if you want.
- Step 3: Once you open the app, you can see a yellow wifi-like button. Tapping on the same will reveal a small box that depicts the nearby Chromecast devices. Establish the connection to your TV by tapping on the appropriate one.
- Step 4: You are halfway to streaming videos. The next step is to open the video with MX Player. No matter what you play an online or offline video, you will get an option to open with MX Player. Just do it.
- Step 5: On the player interface, you will see a share button on the top-right corner.
- Step 6: On the set of different applications, you will see Localcast. Choose it and tap on the right one, into which you plugged the Chromecast.
Note, this applies to Step 4: If you Can’t see the option to open with the MX player option don’t worry! Tap on the three-dots button to get more options. Then, choose Tools. You will then get a Share option. Select the same. SEE ALSO: Open, Download and Adjust Movie on MX Player Subtitles (Guide).
Note: Now, you can watch the same video on your TV without any issue. The quality of the playback solely depends on the video you play. Ensure both your TV and Android gadget are connected to the same Wi-Fi via Localcast app. Or else, you can’t make this work. As long as Chromecast doesn’t support MX Player, you need to seek the help of a third-party app for the streaming purpose (here it’s Localcast).
I have given you a proven method to stream videos to your TV with the help of MX Player for Android. Of course, there are many more ways to do the same. But I found this one easier than anything else. As I said earlier, you must establish the connection first. Then only streaming will work.
If you have any concerns regarding this article, don’t forget to use the comment section to reach out to me. I’m more than glad to help you out. And, I hope you share the article with your social media friends.