Stream Videos from Android to TV using MX Player for Chromecast: You are an MX Player user, aren’t you? Televisions have come a long way that you can even connect to the internet and watch online videos on them. Moreover, you can stream videos from your Android device to the TV as well.
Today, I am going to walk you through the process of streaming videos from Android to TV using MX Player. The best thing about this is you can stream both online and offline content via this method. Officially, Chromecast doesn’t support MX Player for screencasting. But you can stream MX Player videos via a third-party app. Follow the steps given below to stream videos from MX Player to your TV. Make sure you have Chromecast.
How to Stream Videos from Android to TV using MX Player
Requirements: Chromecast, Localcast app, MX Player, Android Phone and TV. (You can Download MX Player Codec from here if you need)
- Step 1: Insert your Chromecast device into the HDMI port of your TV. (In case your TV lacks an HDMI port, you can’t stream videos). You should also plug in the power cable as well.
- Step 2: Install and open the Localcast app on your phone. The one I mention here is the free version. You can go for the premium variant if you want.
- Step 3: Once you open the app, you can see a yellow wifi-like button there. Tapping on the same will reveal a small box that depicts the nearby Chromecast devices. Establish the connection to your TV by tapping on the appropriate one.
SEE ALSO: Open, Download and Adjust Movie Subtitles on MX Player (Guide).
- Step 4: You have passed the halfway to streaming videos. The next step is opening the video with MX Player. No matter you play an online or offline video, you will get an option to open with MX Player. Just do it.
- Step 5: On the player interface, you will see a share button on the top-right corner.
Can’t you see it there? Don’t worry! Just tap on the three-dots button to get more options. Then, choose Tools. You will then get Share option. Select the same.
- Step 6: On the set of different applications, you will see Localcast. Choose it and tap on the right one, into which you plugged the Chromecast.
Note: Now, you can watch the same video on your TV without any issue. The quality of the playback solely depends on the video you play. Ensure both your TV and Android gadget are connected to the same Wi-Fi via Localcast app. Or else, you can’t make this work.
As long as Chromecast doesn’t support MX Player, you need to seek the help of a third-party app for the streaming purpose (here it’s Localcast).
I have given you a working method to stream videos to your TV with the help of MX Player for Android. Of course, there are many more ways to do the same. But I found this one easier than anything else. As I said earlier, you must establish the connection first. Then only streaming will work.
If you have any doubt regarding this article, don’t forget to use the comment section to reach out to me. I would be more than glad to help you out. And, I hope you will share the article with your social media friends.