MX Player is the best media player available on Planet Earth. It can play the maximum types of media files with excellent sound and video quality. The gesture feature is one of the coolest features of MX Player. Overall, This is the player which is loved by all and known to every Android enthusiast. However, With the new update, the developers have removed some existing codecs from the app.
As a consequence, now you can’t play DTS Audio on MX Player by default. But you can manually download the necessary mx player codecs files to fix this problem. We have shared all mx player custom codec files (both Zip and Apk files) on this page. Just scroll down the page and download the files. You will also find information about how to know which codec your phone needs and how to install it properly.
Update: With the latest update our App now supports AC3 audio by default (no custom codec needed). All you will have to do is download mx player Latest version on your phone and you are good to go. However it’s not the same for DTS audio files.
First Check Which Codec You Need to Download
In order to rectify the no audio problem, you have to download and add the required codec file manually. You can go to MX Player Settings> Decoder> General> Custom Codec to check which codec you need to download and install. If you are not sure which codec you need you can download The “All Codec Pack” from below and install it. By installing All codec packs, you will be able to play audio of any video type without any problem because the codec supplies all the requirements.
MX Player Custom Codec Zip Files Download
ZIP CODEC FILES FOR MX PLAYER AND MX PLAYER PRO (Last Updated on 20 Sep 2017)
MX Player Custom Codec Apk Files Download
APK CODEC FILES FOR MX PLAYER AND MX PLAYER PRO (Last Updated on 20 Sep 2017)
- ARMv7 NEON Codec 1.9.9
- Tegra3 Codec 1.9.9
- Tegra2 Codec 1.9.9
- ARMv7 Codec 1.9.8
- x86 Codec 1.9.9
- ARMv6 VFP Codec 1.7.39
- ARMv6 Codec 1.7.39
- ARMv5 Codec 1.7.39
RECOMMENDED READ: How to Use Subtitles on MX Player.
How to Install The Codec Files
After downloading, move the files to the phone, if you have downloaded from PC, via USB or Bluetooth. Now check the following two methods available below, you can follow anyone which you like the most.
Installation Method 1
- If you have the zip file in internal storage (in download or Bluetooth section), then keep it there only.
- Now open the MX player, if it is compatible with the codec pack you have installed, it will automatically say to install the codec pack found in the storage. Just click ok.
- The App will restart, and the pack will be installed. Now you can enjoy audio to every video, without any glitch.
Installation Method 2
- Open MX Player on your smartphone.
- Open settings >decoder >general >custom codec.
- A dialog box will appear for the navigation of the codec pack. Now open the folder in which the codec pack is installed through. You will see the zip file, click on it.
- If you have selected the right zip file, The App will restart.
For All Codec Pack it will install the required codec automatically from all the codec in the ZIP file. It will restart afterward you can play DTS audio on MX Player without any problem. After you have installed the codec, you can check that by going to Help > About. Now enjoy every audio and video clip, without any no audio problem on your phone. If you have any problem in installation, do leave a comment, and we will be happy to help you out as soon as possible.