MX Player is the best video player available on Planet Earth (I can’t tell about Mars;-)). It can play the maximum types of media files, with excellent sound and video quality. The gesture feature is one of the coolest features of MX Player. Overall, MX Player is the player which is loved by all and known to every Android enthusiast. However, With the new update, the developers have removed some existing codecs.
As a consequence, now you can’t play Dolby sound videos and AC3 audio on MX Player by default. However you can manually download the necessary MX Player Codecs to play those type of files, all the MX Player Codec are available below. You Can Also Download MX Player APK/MX Player Pro Apk and Download MX Player for PC from these links.
In order to rectify the problem, now you have to download and add the required codec pack to MX Player manually. You can go to MX Player Settings> Decoder> Custom Codec, to check which codec you need on MX Player. If you’re only having the problem with AC3 audio you can download the AC3 codec pack from the links given below and if you want to install all codec pack, then you can do that also.
By installing All codec packs, you will be able to play audio on any video, without any problem because the codec doesn’t only include the AC3 support, but all the other requirements. I think you can see the download links of MX Player All Codec Packs, MX Player AC3 codec and all other codecs are available on this page.
MX Player Custom Codec Zip Files Download
Custom Codec for MX Player 1.8.6
Custom Codec for MX Player 1.8.0
Custom Codec for MX Player 1.7.32
MX Player Custom Codec Apk Files Download
APK Codec Files for MX Player 1.8.12 and Up
MX Player APK Codec Files for Android 2.3 – 5.1
- ARMv5 Codec 1.7.39
- ARMv6 Codec 1.7.39
- ARMv6+VFP Codec 1.7.39
- ARMv7 (Tegra2) Codec 1.7.39
- Tegra3 Codec 1.7.39
- ARMv7+NEON Codec 1.7.39
- MIPS Codec 1.7.39
- Intel x86 Codec 1.7.39
Below I have written the step by step guide on how to install these codec files on your phone, Just follow follow any of those two methods. After downloading, move the files to the phone, if you have downloaded from PC, via USB or Bluetooth. Now follow any one mx player custom codec installation method from below.
Installation Method 1
- If you have the zip file in internal storage (in download or Bluetooth section), then keep it there only.
- Now open the MX player, if it is compatible with the codec pack you have installed, it will automatically say to install the codec pack found in the storage. Just click ok.
- The MX player will restart, and the pack will be installed. Now you can enjoy audio to every video, without any glitch.
Installation Method 2
- Open MX Player on your smartphone.
- Open settings >decoder >custom codec.
- A dialog box will appear for the navigation of the codec pack. Now open the folder in which the codec pack is installed through. You will see the zip file, click on it.
- If you have selected the right zip file, MX Player will restart.
For multiple codec files, it will install the required codec automatically from all the codec in the ZIP file. It will restart afterward you can play AC3 audio on MX Player without any problem.
Also Check 10 Best MX Player Alternative Apps You Must Try 2016.
After you have installed the codec, you can check that by going to help, and checking about section. Now enjoy every audio and video clip, without any AC3 problem on your MX Player. If you have any problem in installation, do leave a comment, and we will be happy to help you out as soon as possible.